NAME IN FULL: Bintu Muhammad MOFIO
DATE OF BIRTH: 5th September, 1963
PLACE OF BIRTH: Maiduguri, Borno State.
STATE OF ORIGIN: Borno
MARITAL STATUS: Married
NUMBER OF CHILDREN: Eight (8)
PRESENT POSITION: Lecturer I
CONTACT ADDRESS: Department of Biological Sciences
Faculty of Science,
University of Abuja, P.M.B. 117,
Tel: 08036261487 and 08055263550
II EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS ATTENDED
1) Budum Primary School, Maiduguri 1967–1976
2) Government Girls College, Maiduguri 1976–1981
3) University of Maiduguri, Borno State 1981–1986
4) University of Maiduguri, Borno State 1987–1990
III. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION OBTAINED WITH DATES
1) General Certificate of Education (G.C.E.) 1981
2) B.Sc. Biochemistry (Second Class Upper Division 1986
3) M.Sc. Biochemistry 1990
4) Advanced Certificate Course on Computer Applications in Education
And Management 2008
5) Ph.D. Analytical Chemistry (Still in progress at UNIBUJA)
IV WORKING EXPERIENCE
1) Conduction of Research and Teaching University of Ilorin (NYSC) 1986–1987
2) Graduate Assistant, University of Maiduguri 1987–1988
3) Assistant Lecturer, University of Maiduguri 1988–1990
4) Lecturer II, University of Maiduguri 1990–1993
5) Lecturer II, University of Abuja 1993–1998
6) Lecturer I, University of Abuja 1997–Date
7) Head, Department of Biological Sciences October 1998–May 2000
V PRESENT POSITION AND SALARY
Lecturer I – UASS 04/9
VI DATE OF LAST PROMOTION
1st October, 1998
VII THESIS WITH DATES
- MOFIO, B.M. (1986) The Effect of Simple Process Cooking on the Saponin Content of Guinea Corn (Sorghum bicolour). University of Maiduguri (41 Pages) B.Sc.
- MOFIO, B.M. (1990) Studies on the Inhibitory Effects of Congo Red on Rabbit Serum and Liver Alkaline Phosphates Activity, University of Maiduguri (52 Pages) M.Sc.
VIII RESEARCH SUPERVISED
Undergraduates more than twenty-five (25)
- MOFIO, B.M. (1997): The Effect of Simple Cooking Process on the Saponin Content of Guinea Corn (Sorghum bicolour). Proceeding of the 28th Annual Conference of the Nutrition Society of Nigeria, Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria
- MOFIO, B.M. and MOHAMMED, A. (1997): Studies on the Biochemical Analysis and Nutritive Value of Soybeans Milk. Proceedings of the 28th Annual Conference of Nutrition Society of Nigeria, Bayero University, Kano page 32
- MOFIO, B.M. (1999): Studies on the Inhibitory Effects of Congo Red on Rabbit Serum and Liver Alkaline Phosphates Activity. Zuma Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences (JPAS). Vol. 2(1): 7 – 10, University of Abuja.
- MOFIO, B. M. and ABDULLAHI, G.L. (2003): The Biochemical and Microbiological Changes During Fermentation of Black Caraway Seeds (Nigella sativa). Zuma Journal of Pure and Applied Science (JPAS), Vol. 5(2): 12 - 18 University of Abuja.
- SHITTU G. A., MOFIO, B.M., AZOGINI, C. V. AND ANJORIN, S. T. (2005): The Effects of Indole Acetic Acid and Photoperiodic Treatments on Growth and Development of Tomato. Journal of Tropical Biosciences; Vol. 5 (2): 34 – 37.
- YUSUF A. A, MOFIO, B. M. and AHMED, A. B (2007): .Proximate and Mineral Composition of Tamarindus Indica Linn 1753 Seeds. Science World Journal Vol. 2(1): 1 - 3.
- .YUSUF A. A, MOFIO B. M and AHMED A. B(2007): Nutrient contents of pride of Barbados (Caesalpinia pulcherrima Linn.) Seeds. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 6(2): 117 – 121, Asian Network for Scientific information.
X CONFERENCE PAPERS
- MOFIO, M. M. & IDRIS, S. H. (1998): Women Scientists as Bedrock of Economic Growth. A Paper Presented at the Third World Organization for Women in Science, At Reptem Yaba, Lagos 19th – 21st May, 1998.
- IDRIS, H.S. & MOFIO, B.M. (1998): Appraising the Role of Women Involvement and Participation in the Technical Transformation of Africa with Special Emphasis on Nigeria. A Paper Presented at the Third World Organisation for Women in Science, at Reptem Yaba, Lagos 19th – 21st May, 1998.
- MOFIO, B.M. (1998): Alcoholism and its Complications on Man. A Paper Presented at the First International Conference of the National Association of Women Academics (NAWACS), at the University of Jos 28th – 30th September, 1998.
- MOFIO, B.M. (1998): The Role of Women in Harnessing Science and Technology for National Development. A Paper Presented at the First International Conference NAWACS at University of Jos 28th – 30th September, 1998.
- MOFIO, B.M. (1998): Biochemical Studies on the Inhibition of Alkaline Phosphate Activity by Congo Red. A Paper Presented at the 25th Annual Conference of West Africa Society for Pharmacology at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 19th – 24th October, 1998.
- MOFIO, B.M. (1999): Women Action for Environmental Health Development. A Poster Paper Presented at the International Conference of TWOWS held in Cape Town, South Africa Between 8th – 12th February, 1999.
- MOFIO, B.M. AND ABUBAKAR, H. A. (2005): Chemical Evaluation of the Nutritive Value of Black Caraway Seeds (Nigella sativa L.) held in Bangalore, India, 21st – 25th November, 2005.
XI PAPERS ACCEPTED FOR PUBLICATION
- MOFIO, B.M. AND ABUBAKAR, H. A. (2005): Chemical Evaluation of the Nutritive Value of Black Caraway Seeds (Nigella sativa L.). Journal of Raw Materials Research (JM/C/06/023), (In Press).
- FOUR UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH PAPERS AWAITING PUBLICATION ON MEDICINAL PLANTS.
XII ADMINISTRATIVE/EDITORIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Head, Department of Biological Sciences, October 1998-May 2000.
- Member, Committee on Female Dressing and Sexual Harassment, October 1999-2003.
- Coordinator of Remedial Science (June 2000-August 2003).
- Member, Remedial Admission Committee, June 2000-August 2003.
- Secretary, Departmental Promotion Committee, 2004-date.
- Chairperson, Departmental Welfare Committee, 2004-date.
- Member, Faculty Board of Examiners, Uniabuja, 1993-date.
- Local Organising Committee Member of the Federation of African Society Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, August 2005-date.
- Member, Curriculum Development for the Centre for Gender Security Studies Advancement, University of Abuja, July 2005-date.
- Member, ASUU Committee on Ethics and grievances, 2001-2003.
- Senate Member, University of Abuja, October 1998-May 2000.
- Member, Faculty of Science Management Board University of Abuja, October 1998-May 2000.
- Member, Faculty of Science Board of Examiners University of Abuja, February 1993-date.
XIII MEMBER OF PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- Member, Biotechnology Society of Nigeria (BSN)
- Member, Chemical Society of Nigeria (CSN)
- Member, Nutrition Society of Nigeria (CSN)
- Member, Third World Organization of Women in Science (TWOWS)
- Member, National Association of Women Academics (NAWACS)
- Member, Federation of African Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (FASBMB)
XIV INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE/WORKSHOPS ATTENDED
- Fourth World Conference of Women in Beijing, China, September 1-16, 1995.
- Regional Conference of TWOWS in Lagos, 19th – 22nd May, 1998.
- TWOWS Second General Assembly and International Conference on Women Science and Technology for Sustainable Development in Cape Town, South Africa, February 8th – 12, 1999.
- TWOWS, Third General Assembly of International Conference on Women’s, Impact on Science and Technology in New Millennium, in Bangalore, India, 21st – 25th November, 2005.
- Workshop on Management and Leadership for Good Governance in Nigeria Universities. Organised by Centre for Management Development, Lagos, 10th – 14th July, 2006, at PG Seminar Room, University of Abuja.
- International Conference of Federation of African Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (FASBMB), November 21st – 24th, 2006, at Sheraton Hotel and Towers , Abuja – F.C.T.
- National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research, Taramani,Chennai, India, January 7th –29th February 2008. (Overseas Teachers Course Participant).
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore,India, Department of Organic Chemistry.4th March-2nd May 2008.( Visiting Research Scientist)
- Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad, India, Department of Organic Chemistry, 26th April-2nd May 2008, ( Visiting Research Scientist)
- International Workshop on “Biochemistry and Millennium Development Goals: Matching Curriculum with Current Realities” Nigerian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (NSBMB), 9th -11th July.2008. NUC Auditorium, Maitama, Abuja.
Reading, Computing and Travelling.
XVI COUNTRIES AND CITIES VISITED
China (Beijing), India (Bombay, Bangalore Hyderabad,Chennai), Kenya (Nairobi), Germany (Frankfurt), South Africa (Johannesburg, Cape Town), Dubai, Saudi Arabia (Mecca, Medina).